[WHR-600D/DHP] How to unbrick / restore factory firmware on Buffalo WHR-600D

[复制链接]
222ba 发表于 2015-4-8 22:18:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

注册WIFIHELL,浏览更多技术贴!

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册WIFIHELL

x
How to unbrick / restore factory firmware on Buffalo WHR-600D
*This procedure do not require the serial connection*

17dec2014 Procedure rev. 2.1 (upd 18dec2014)

01 - Download original factory firmware (for example "whr600d-160").
02 - Open it with hex editor (I used frhed 1.6.0).
03 - Delete the first 52 bytes (is the header). After that you'll see that the file will start with this bytes sequence "27 05 19 56".
04 - Save the edited firmware in the TFTP server folder with the name "firmware_WHR-600D.ram".
05 - Set static IP on PC side "192.168.11.168" and run TFTP server (I used TFTPD32).
06 - Now we are ready to load the firmware to the router RAM using the TFTP (Load system code to SDRAM via TFTP).
07 - Check that now the router is off with the mode switch set to "Auto" position, the network cable connected to any LAN port (1-4).
08 - Keep pressed "AOSS" button, plug the power to the router and after 5-6 seconds release the "AOSS" button. *
09 - Now the TFTP server should send the firmware to the RAM of the router (will not write to the flash memory)
10 - When the firmware transfer will be completed the router will reboot itself, after some seconds the power led will start to blink.
11 - When the power led will stop to blink (after about 85 seconds from step "08") it's possible to access to the router web interface (192.168.11.1).
12 - User=admin - password=password
13 - If everything gone right you should see the factory firmware running (but now we must write the firmware on the flash memory, otherwise on the next boot we'll have the previous firmware / condition).
14 - Now from the web interface press "Admin" and then "Update". Select the ORIGINAL factory firmware (like "whr600d-160" - the downloaded one that have his header) and press update. Now the firmware will be written on the flash memory.
15 - We have restored the factory firmware.
16 - You may now terminate the TFTP server and restore automatic IP on your PC network controller.

DONE!

- Now from the web interface is possible also to flash the original "WHR-600D professional firmware (dd-wrt based)". If after reboot appear very simple and strange web gui interface you may just do the hard reset with the reset button to fix it.

I hope that this procedure will help you to unbrick and/or restore the desired firmware.

Thanks to Jarkko that inspired me to make my previous procedure more affordable without the needing to use the TTL serial connection.

* Jarkko succesfully accomplished this procedure without press "AOSS" button. I done various tests without press "AOSS" button unsuccessfully. Also looking the serial console looks impossible to do it without press "AOSS" on my WHR-600D. I suppose that may exist a different hardware revision or differnt U-boot.
WIFIHELL | 万丰乐活 2020开启新的征程,好货不断!
关闭

站点推荐上一条 /1 下一条

万丰乐活

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 03:43